Monday, January 11, 2010

2010 Challenge

I am challenging myself to read 20 books of my choice during 2010. As a literature major, I will most likely read over a hundred books this upcoming year, so a 50 or 100 book challenge would be more like an occupational necessity. During the semesters I usually get so caught up in my class readings that I tend to forget to read for pleasure alone. So this year I am dedicated to reading at least 20 books that have nothing to do with classes or research.

I've decided not to count Good Omens as part of this challenge since I started that book in 2009. First up will be Sense and Sensibility.

I'm also challenging myself to blog about every book I read, even ones for research, even if it's only a short entry. I think this will be most helpful for research actually because when you read 15 books within the course of a week, it all starts to blend together. My blog for S&S will probably be coming up this weekend, so look for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment